The TMSA are looking for young musicians across Scotland to deliver traditional music sessions in their area. We are looking for groups of 3 individuals, aged 18-26, to organise, promote and lead sessions in a local venue.
Thanks to funding from The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo (administered by Creative Scotland), musicians will receive support to host approximately 10 sessions in their area as well as a bursary to participate in a one-day training event with leading musicians in the field.
Please find key details below on the project and what will be expect of those participating:
• Applications must be made on behalf of all 3 musicians participating. Please nominate one person as the main contact for your group and complete each relevant section for the others involved.
• All musicians will be expected to attend a participatory training & networking day (date to be finalised). A bursary payment will be made to all participating as well as travel expenses being covered.
• Each group will be expected to organise, promote and deliver 10 music sessions in their local area. This includes negotiating fees and times with venues. The expectation is that these sessions have the potential to continue beyond the end of the project.
• A payment of £60 per musician (£180 for the group) will be made available on receipt of a relevant invoice and completed musician feedback form unless another arrangement is made with the venue and TMSA.
• Each session lasts 3 hours and the musicians are entitled to a 10 minute break every hour.
• As part of the contract, each musician will be expected to help gather feedback information on the sessions.
Sessions are acoustic (unamplified) and participatory. The contracted musicians should encourage other musicians, singers, dancers etc. to join in. The object is to expose as many people as possible to traditional music and song and related art-forms.
We appreciate the time you take to register below, however registration does not mean you will be guaranteed session work. Places will be confirmed once we have had the opportunity to review your application, contact you for a chat to make sure any arrangements will work both you and the TMSA and there is still availability on the programme – so apply as soon as possible please!
Please complete our application form with as much detail as you can provide. If further evidence of musician’s ability level/experience is required, we will ask you for it.
Any queries please contact the GYOMS Project Manager – Grant McFarlane on 07595175099 / firstname.lastname@example.org